Face-to-face counselling and psychotherapy, in Hebden Bridge, near Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX7…
For couples therapy; relationship skills and attachment problems; anger management; stress management; physical and mental health coaching; habit building or habit change; confidence building; anxiety and panic problems; grief and depression; lifestyle coaching; assertiveness training; and general body-brain-mind integration…
“If you have a difficult problem with which you are wrestling; and you are doing that wrestling ‘in your head’, instead of on paper, then you will suffer enormously, and in vain. You cannot solve significant problems through a process of introspection or rumination. If you try to solve your problem on paper, you will have a much better chance of success. But some problems require that you have your brain-mind engaged with the brain-mind of another person. Problems of social-emotions, relationships, attachment issues, and many more, fit this category where you need another mind to help to jointly-regulate your mind. That is the great virtue of all forms of counselling and psychotherapy. And, of course, the quality of the mind of the counsellor plays a huge part!”
Dr Jim Byrne, Doctor of Counselling and creator of Emotive-Cognitive Embodied Narrative Therapy (E-CENT)
Face-to-face counselling in Hebden Bridge has resumed…
My name is Jim Byrne.
I am a doctor of counselling, in my twenty-third year in private practice in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire; and all over the world via the telephone system and Skype, and/or email exchanges.
I am a Fellow Member of the International Society of Professional Counsellors (FISPC).
I have helped more than one thousand individuals to overcome distressing problems of anger, anxiety, depression, stress, panic, traumatic experience, couple conflict, insecure attachment, personality issues, and so on.
And one of my clients recently told me:
(Spoken during a counselling session): “I am a fully-functioning human being now, for the first time in my life, and that is all down to the help you’ve given to me over the long journey I’ve been on with you!”
My expertise is based on my twenty-two years of experience with clients with all manner of problems – plus my professional training at the University of Manchester – and the research and application that went into writing more than twenty books.*** Plus my own lifelong journey from the emotional misery of a loveless family of origin, to the sense of being a complete, happy and healed person, who is at peace with the world, and enjoying every moment of every day in happiness, health and personal success.
I do my work with clients through conversation, which is warm and friendly, and helpful, and insightful, and exploratory, and designed to help you to straighten out your story in your head, and to straighten out your feelings in your heart and your guts. (The services described below depend a lot of documentary information and educational materials, and so they are ideal for individuals who learn well from reading [and reflective writing]. But if you prefer not to go down that route, then please take a look at my Pure Talk Therapy page***.)
I also give advice on how to manage your body-brain-mind, and your environment, for optimum functioning. This is called Lifestyle Counselling.
As indicated elsewhere on this site, we at ABC Coaching and Counselling Services, practice the most up to the minute form of emotive-cognitive therapy and coaching. It’s called Emotive-Cognitive Embodied Narrative Therapy (E-CENT), and it integrates the best elements of all the pre-existing systems of counselling and therapy, (while excluding the obviously negative elements!) And it includes a strong focus upon lifestyle factors, like diet, exercise, relaxation and sleep patterns.
I am regulated by the International Society of Professional Counsellors (ISPC), whose code of ethics I follow, and to whose complaints procedures I am subject.
- the Main Service (which costs £180.00), involves:
- Asking you to complete two or three assessment questionnaires;
- Providing a 45 to 60 minute face to face meeting, which is also part of the assessment process;
- Followed by a Session Review Report, (which I will write and send to you, normally within 36-48 hours of our meeting) which summarizes my analysis of your problems, and lists those resources (information and psycho-educational) which I will send to you.
- My current practice is to send 5 or 6 documents over a period of 30 days, evenly spaced out, to allow time for you to read and digest each document before the next one arrives.
- At the end of the 30 days, if you want a second meeting, you can repeat this Main Service, or opt for a single session of Pure Talk Therapy for just £120.00 (with no further assessments, and no follow up documents!)
- the Median Two-day Report Service (which follows a similar pattern to the main service, except that I devote two full days to writing a comprehensive report following our meeting; and this service costs £350.00). The report will be sent to you as a complete document, as soon as I complete it (instead of spreading it over 30 days of delivery).
- the Maxi Four-day Report Service (which costs just £700). Because I spend four days working on this version of my report for you, it is much more detailed and specific and elaborated.
You can find more information about me, below this video clip about some of the benefits of my approach to counselling and psychotherapy: https://youtu.be/P0aF4rjUZDw
If you would like further information, please email me at
Or phone me at 01422 843 629 (inside the UK)
Or on 44 1422 843 629 (from outside the UK)
Or take a look at my Telephone, Skype or Email Counselling Services***.
Schedule of fees: As above…