Directions to Jim and Renata’s home in Hebden Bridge –
– which we currently use as our consulting room.
Here is the simplest guideline for finding our home/office:
These directions apply whether you are booked to see Jim or Renata.
Search on Google or Bing Maps for 27 Keighley Road, Hebden Bridge HX7 8HJ
It’s the black door on the left – (the end terrace) – in this Google Maps photo:
No.27 is next door to No.29, which is next door to No.1. And none of these numbers is anywhere near No.25! Google can’t seem to map this area properly, and so it is no use searching on Google maps for our actual address.
Here is the second simplest guideline for finding our home/office:
Drive up Keighley Road until you come to the traffic lights just before the turn-off for Windsor Road/Unity Street. Do NOT turn left! Stay on Keighley Road.
As you drive past the front door of the Nutclough Tavern, which will be on your right, look at the houses on your left and you will notice the numbers, 33 to 49 Nutclough. As you drive past number 49 Nutclough, look for a parking spot. Our house is the very next house – the first house on the next block on the left. It’s officially 27 Wood End – but Google Maps have it down as 27 Keighley Road HX7 8HJ. (Not our fault! We have tried multiple times to educate them, but they seem incapable of mapping this area correctly!)
(If you are walking, imagine you are driving in the illustration above!)
Here is the full set of directions
Here are some (incomplete!) directions for finding our home/base. The main problem with these directions is that they assume you will be approaching our home by travelling UP Keighley Road (which is the A6033), from Hebden Bridge (but you might be coming down!)
Our address is (officially) 27, Wood End, Keighley Road, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8HJ.
Four slight problems with finding me:
- Google and Bing maps have not mapped this area accurately, and so you cannot rely upon finding us using Google or Bing maps! To find us using Google Maps, you have to assume we are at 27 Keighley Road HX7 8HJ (and omit the ‘Wood End’ bit). But make sure you include the postcode, because there is another 27 Keighley Road, further up this road! (I know! Madness!)
- Some satnav systems also are not well programmed for this area. For example: If you are driving, and using satnav, as you drive up Keighley Road, from Hebden Bridge, you will reach a set of traffic lights just before the left turn for Unity Street/Lees Road/Winsor Road, and your satnav is likely to tell you to turn left into Lees Road. Don’t follow that direction, as it will lead you to the back of our house, and there is no back door! Stay on Keighley Road…
2(b). Some other satnav systems will take you all the way up to the Robin Hood pub in Pecket Well. So it is probably best to compare your satnav with the Google Maps route to 27 Keighley Road, HX7 8HJ.
- Wood End is a section of Keighley Road, not a separate road.
- Wood End is a block of terraced houses, on the left-hand side of Keighley Road (as you come up Keighley Road from Hebden Bridge).
When you pass the Nutclough Tavern (on the right), the houses on the left are called Nutclough (pronounced Nut-cluff) – and the numbers for Nutclough run from 33 to 49. After number 49, the housing on the left-hand side of the road stops, there is a gap, and a long, low wall, for about 30 yards or so. The very next house you come to, on the left, is ours. My block (called Wood End) is numbered out of sequence, so number 27 is actually the first house on the block, followed by 29, then 1, 3, 5, etc., all the way up to 25.
Apologies for the confusion…
If you get lost, please call us on 01422 843 629.
If you are travelling by bus, the buses which pass our front door include the B3. They can be caught in the centre of Hebden Bridge, near the library. Ask for the stop after the Nutclough Tavern; get off at that stop and walk back down the block about 14 or 15 houses, to 27 Wood End. (As mentioned above, the block is numbered out of sequence, so you will begin at 25, and come all the way down to number 1, then there’s 29, and then 27).
You could also walk to our house from the centre of Hebden Bridge in about ten minutes!
Sorry it’s so confusing.
Hope you find us okay.
Jim and Renata