The ABC Newsletter – September 2018
Subject: How to be happy, healthy, successful and wealthy!
10th September 2018 (Updated on 31st March 2019)
By Jim Byrne and Renata Taylor-Byrne
Hello, and welcome to our latest newsletter.
Our previous newsletter was published in May, and we have been very busy since that time on our current research and writing projects, which include:
– the science of sleep, and
– the art of successful couple relationships!
Our aim, in these and our other research and writing projects is to spread happiness and success, by promoting wise management of lifestyle choices.
Most people, if you asked them, would probably say that they want to be happy, healthy, successful (in their own terms) and wealthy (in material and other ways).
Then, if you look at what they actually do, a problem emerges. Their lifestyle choices do not seem to be the actions of people who want to be happy, healthy, successful and wealthy!
Many of the features of our modern lifestyles are likely to make us physically and mentally unwell, and far from happy and successful. Those features of modern lifestyle that are most likely to be problems include:
– sleep (quantity and quality);
– diet and nutrition – (including too much junk food, and not enough emphasis on non-processed, live foods, in a balanced diet);
– couple conflict at home; and:
– sedentary lifestyle – (or not enough enjoyable, self-directed physical activity, including exercise systems).
The holiday fantasy
Many people seem to believe that they are ensuring a healthy balance in their lives by taking a two-week holiday in an exotic, sun-drenched location, every year; and spending lots of money on exotic foods and wines at Christmas and other holiday celebration times.
However, those individuals tend to undo any benefit from their holiday rest by ignoring:
– the need to take care of their sleep (duration and quality), 365 days per year;
– the need to eat a balanced diet, and to avoid certain toxic (mainly processed) foods;
– the need to be skilful in their communication with their marriage or life partner; and:
– the need to exercise their bodies on a daily basis; or at least three or four times per week, for at least thirty minutes each time.
Our information inputs
We have done a lot of research on all of those lifestyle factors, listed above; and written eight books (two of which are still in production) which are designed to help people to live better, happier, healthier and more successful lives.
Furthermore, we have now produced a blog which features one extract from Renata’s book – Safeguarding your Sleep.***
We have produced blogs on three other important books:
1. How to manage your diet and exercise needs.***
2. How to take care of sleep, nutrition and physical activity, and to manage your emotions for happiness and good mental health.***
3. And, how to write in a journal about the stresses and strains in your life, in order to gain a ‘near magical’ level of clarity about how to manage your life for optimum success, happiness, and physical and mental health.***
4. Also, we have produced a page of information on Jim’s new book on how to build a great relationship.***
5. And we also are offering the following CPD courses:
– CPD Certificate in Holistic Counselling and Lifestyle Coaching.***
– Diploma in Holistic Counselling and Lifestyle Coaching.***
And we continue to provide coaching and counselling services, here:
# Dr Jim’s Counselling and Psychotherapy Division.***
# Renata’s Lifestyle Coaching-Counselling Division.***
Our research projects, over a good number of years, suggest that the bottom line is this:
If you want to be happy, healthy, successful and wealthy, then you have to take control of “your lifestyle”. And what does that mean? It means that you begin to refine and balance your diet – eliminate junk food, and various toxic foods – begin to do some physical exercise every day – make sure you get eight or more hours of good quality sleep every single night – and refine your philosophy of life! This may seem like a tall order; but it can be done in easy stages. How do you eat a whole elephant? One slice at a time!
Inch by inch, its a cinch! 🙂
Thank you for your interest and attention. We hope you find this information helpful; and if you’d like to leave a comment, please use the comment form below.
Jim and Renata
Dr Jim Byrne and Renata Taylor-Byrne
ABC Coaching and Counselling Services